About Us – FAQ (DoES)

Diploma of Educational Studies (DoES)

1. What is the difference between Diploma of Educational Studies and Certificate of Professional Practice?


The programme covers the state-of-the-art teaching methods in teaching children enrichment and integration programmes. Classes are once a week with 4 hours per session either on an evening or morning intake.

The difference is in the number of module(s) you take. You earn a Certificate of Professional Practice if you finish one module and pass the required assessment, while to earn you a Diploma of Educational Studies you are required to take 3 Certificate modules from the list and submit a dissertation paper.

Both Certificate and Diploma are accredited by the London Teacher Training College, U.K and is also recognized by the private schools (including International Schools in Singapore). 

2. What is the age requirement for the Enrichment courses?

At least 18 years old and above.

3. I am already a Senior Citizen, can I still enrol?

Of course! Knowledge is for all seasons.

4. Can I take individual Certificates first then decide to take the Diploma later?

Yes, you can.

5. How many months am I allowed to finish the Diploma course?

12 months. You are required to complete the 3 Core Certificate Modules plus submit your dissertation paper within a year. If you are unable to finish all requirements within the required dates, you may have to repeat.

6. Can I switch class schedules, of same course/ module?

It is NOT encouraged especially that teachers have different styles and methods in teaching and you may find it a challenge to adjust. But under such circumstances that it leaves you no choice, an administrative fee of $100 is chargeable and you will be advised on the next class schedule within 6 months.

7. What type of assessment(s) does the Cert has?

All participants will be assessed through Forum participation, class presentation, lesson planning, peer teaching, and theory examination.

8. What type of exams does the Diploma have?

On top of the assessments of the individual module, you are required to write a dissertation paper or a reflective report of 1,500 words. Guidelines are provided by the Centre.


9. Is it difficult to pass examinations?

There are no difficult tasks as long as you follow the trainer’s instructions, tips and guidelines, and do your best.

10. If I have only a certificate, will it help me to apply teaching jobs and other related sectors?

You may want to tie up with service providers in the market that caters to enrichment/life skills programs for the primary and secondary schools and you can explore other opportunities from there.

11. Do you provide job opportunities?

We have a forum where our students and graduates can access to schools and related organizations that advertise openings for teaching/ training positions.

12. Can I teach in government schools?

The Cert or Diploma that you earn is recognized in private tuition centres, private schools (International Schools) and service providers. Through the latter you may just end up teaching an enrichment course in a government school.

13. What is the difference between Early Childhood Education with the Educational Studies?

Early Childhood education specializes in formally educating children ages 1 year and 18 months to 6 years old. Enrichment programmes are value added programmes which build on the core curriculum in schools. They focus not merely on academic content but also on developing the learner’s cognitive, affective, psychomotor and meta-cognitive skills in a fun, interactive and engaging manner. These skills are imperative for a child to build personal self-confidence and practice techniques that help him excel, resulting in a well-rounded education.

14. Can I come for trial lessons?

You may sit-in for one live workshop/ session for at least 30 to 45 min and experience for yourself how the particular module is run. This is free of charge.

15. Upon completion of the course will I be able to teach immediately using the cert?


There are schools that strongly recognize the cert from LTTC. If you have yet to gather teaching experience, you may want to start handling small group tuition and later on attach yourself to a Centre and schools.

16. Will G I G provide more training before we start to apply for a job?

G I G can extend consultancy support after candidates have completed his or her studies at the Centre. As to formal training, the individual candidate can opt to attach themselves in schools/organizations as volunteers or assistants to build their network