About Us – FAQ (General)
1. I am a mother, and no background in teaching or training, can I enrol in your programme?
Yes. Teaching and education is for everyone- parents, entrepreneurs, corporate workers, accountants, engineers, doctors, labourers, etc. Most of our participants either want to have a shift in their career or want personal upgrading.
We have a lot of mothers who enrol with the intention of learning techniques and methods in how to personally teach their children.
2. What is the minimum qualification/ requirement for the programme?
A minimum of 3 GCE “O” Levels and any other recognised Certificate, Diploma/Degree. We can also accept at our discretion mature candidates by interview and proficiency test.
3. I only have N Level, am I qualified?
Yes, provided you sit for and pass our in-house proficiency test for us to assess your level of competence.
4. Is there a government subsidy to assist me in my payment mode?
In addition to our own in-house instalment plans and promotions, you can apply for PIC Grant by IRAS. Terms and conditions apply.
5. Where is G I G?
G I G is now located at #14-11 (North Lobby) of Singapore Post Centre, just beside Paya Lebar MRT.
6. How established is G I G?
G I G has been in active operation since 2003 and is growing in terms of number of graduates and courses offered. To date, we have graduated more than 3500 students and the number is still growing strong.
7. What happens if I miss my lessons or has been absent from class(es)?
The forum, a venue for online discussions, will keep you updated on what happened in the class. The trainer will post the latest classroom activities and assignments in the forum.
8. Does the Centre allow students to bring home in-house course materials before class starts for advance reading?
All course materials are given only on the first day of class. However, for TESOL students, they can do advance reading on language books written by Jeremy Harmer and Jim Scrivener.
9. What are the payment modes?
– Interest free In-house instalment plans
Payments via Cash, Cheque and NETS are accepted.